Of the many types of fir trees traditionally used, the Nordmann Fir is truly the Royalty of firs. The “perfect tree” has been grown commercially since 1960 and today over 8 million Nordmann Firs are produced annually in Denmark, the largest producer in Europe.The Latin name of Nordmann Fir is Abies Nordmanniana.
Its characteristics are:
1) Conifer, evergreen, densely branched from ground up, regularly arranged.
2) Needles dense, directed forward, 20-30 mm long, 2-2.5 mm wide, apex rounded and notched, lustrous dark green above, 2 white stomatal bands below.
3) Cones 15 cm long and 5 cm wide, cylindrical.
4) Adaptable and fast growing.
The trees are grown in Schackenborg, Denmark. The trees are grown in accordance with strict Danish environmental laws. No forest is damaged since our trees are grown on arable farmland in a sustainable eco-environment and are felled after 7-12 years. The trees are produced in harmony with nature, ensuring the preservation of the land and its wildlife.
Following these care instructions will ensure that your tree lasts a long time and that you are satisfied with it.
1. Make sure there is always water in the stand.
2. Do not expose your tree directly to air conditioning or a fan heater
3. Sprinkle your tree with a vaporiser daily or whenever it feels dry.
4. If your tree is placed outdoors make sure to check it frequently.
We will arrange the tree removal service to happen in January.
We will bring the collected trees to recycling depot where they will be turned to woodchips or other useful materials.
The Environmental Protection Department (EPD) in Hong Kong provides the Natural Christmas Trees (NCTs) Recycling Service. The NCTs will be collected at the following collection points during the specified period and then recycled by EPD's contractor to composting materials to conserve resources and reduce waste. You may learn more about it here.
Please ensure all decorations are removed from the tree. You may keep the tree stand for next year.